Qualifying Conditions for a Medical Card in Missouri
Legalization Timeline in Missouri
If you were a Missourian in the early 1900s, you could get fined or imprisoned for possessing marijuana. It didn’t even matter if you used it for medicinal or recreational purposes.
Missouri marijuana laws started to shift in 2014. The state passed a bill allowing the use of marijuana for nine health conditions. However, this law was limited due to the lack of dispensaries or growing facilities.
Finally, with Amendment 2 passing in 2018 and defining a set of qualifying conditions for a medical card in Missouri, the state legalized medical cannabis for more patients.
List of Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana in Missouri
Missouri’s medical marijuana qualifying conditions cover a broad range of ailments. Here are some of them:
Other chronic and debilitating conditions may also qualify for a card if considered beneficial based on a physician’s professional opinion.
Requirements for Obtaining a Medical Marijuana Card
Apart from having one of the qualifying conditions for a medical card in Missouri, you must meet other requirements. For instance, you must:
- Hold a signed physician certification form
- Provide proof of identity (ID card or driver’s license)
- Be at least 18 years old (or have a signed parent/legal guardian consent form)
Application Process for a Medical Marijuana Card in MissouriDo you have one of Missouri’s medical marijuana qualifying conditions? Then follow these steps to get your card:
- 1 Schedule an online appointment with Ozark MMJ Cards and pay a $109 fee.
- 2 Meet the doctor virtually on the appointed date and get your certification.
- 3 Create an account on the state’s Department of Health and Senior Services (DHSS) website to register for a card.
- 4Fill out your contact information and upload the
necessary documents, including:
- A copy of your certification confirming you have one of the qualifying conditions for a medical card in Missouri
- A digital photo
- A government-issued ID card
- 5 Pay a $25 fee and submit your application.
- 6 Wait for the state to process your application and issue your card.
- 7 Print your card and shop from local dispensaries.
Get Your Missouri Medical Card With Ozark MMJ Cards
Do you have one of Missouri’s medical marijuana qualifying conditions and want to benefit from this natural wonder? Ozark MMJ Cards can help you gain legal access to it!
With our telehealth MMJ services, you can get certified for only $109 and register for your card without ever leaving your home.
Whether you are a first-time applicant or a cardholder with one of the qualifying conditions for a medical card in Missouri needing renewal, we are here for you. Contact us today to talk to an expert and begin your marijuana journey.