How to Renew an MMJ Card in Missouri
Needed Information for Renewal
Missouri marijuana cards are valid for one year and feature an expiry date on the back of the card. Renewing your state card requires documentation of your qualifying condition as per Article XIV of the Missouri State Constitution.
Such conditions include:
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress disorder if diagnosed by a state-licensed psychiatrist.
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with prescription medications that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- A terminal illness
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating, or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia, and wasting syndrome.
When you are ready to renew your Missouri medical marijuana card, you will need to update your patient information with Ozark MMJ Cards. You’ll provide your contact information, qualifying condition, patient info and arrange for an appointment day and time on the website. From there, you will upload a physician form from the previous year, or a copy of your un-expired card, or other documentation of your qualifying condition.
Because it can take up to 30 days for the state to approve a renewal, we advise updating your certification with Ozark MMJ Cards at least a month before the renewal date on your license.
Renewing your certification with Ozark MMJ Cards to obtain a Missouri weed license requires a fee. The renewal fee with us is $99 for a telehealth screening.
Ready to Renew?
If you are ready to renew your certification for your medicinal marijuana card renewal, reach out to an expert at Ozark MMJ Cards or fill out the form below!