Arkansas’s 18 Qualifying Conditions for Medical Marijuana
In 2016, Amendment No. 98 was passed and the Arkansas medical marijuana act became the legal list of qualifying conditions for patients to get a medical marijuana card. Since then, the state of Arkansas allows its residents to purchase marijuana from licensed medical dispensaries if they fulfill the following requirements:
- Being over 18 years of age (or have written consent from a parent or legal guardian if under 18)
- Valid Arkansas proof of residency (driver’s license or state ID)
- Physical certification that was written by a physician dated within 30 days of application
- Application form and nonrefundable $50 fee
- Have an official diagnosis of one of the Arkansas qualifying conditions
Visiting patients who are not Arkansas residents but have a valid medical marijuana card issued from their state of residence can also benefit from the medical marijuana program. All they need to do is hold an official diagnosis of one of the qualifying conditions, a medical marijuana card or equivalent from their home state, and issue an application with a $50 fee. The visiting patient permit allows out-of-state patients to purchase medical marijuana from Arkansas dispensaries for 30 days. The applications can be made online through the AMMSys Portal.
There are currently 18 qualifying conditions according to the Arkansas medical marijuana act which allows residents to apply for a medical card. Medical cannabis is used a lot for the treatment of pain, inflammation, nausea, insomnia, and mood disorders. The Arkansas Department of Health (ADH) has carefully selected the 18 following conditions as eligible for this kind of treatment. Any other medical condition approved by the Arkansas Board of Health also qualifies for an Arkansas medical marijuana card.
- Cachexia (wastingsyndrome)
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Intractable pain Intractable pain for 6 months or longer
- Severe nausea
- Seizures (including those are characteristic of epilepsy) including those characteristic of epilepsy
- Muscle Spasms (including those that are characteristic of multiple sclerosis) Severe and persistent muscle spasms including without limitation those characteristic of multiple sclerosis
Want to Get Certified?
If you have one of the Arkansas medical marijuana qualifying conditions, we can get you certified with or without a written record.